Error message “There is no email program” or freezing of Organizer is reported at many places when folks tried to share photographs via the Adobe E-mail Service in the Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0 OR 8.0 !!! Also Elements Organizer on Microsoft Windows 7 freezes... An error message - "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel." is shown sometimes...
Now thing is how to resolve the problem in Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0/8.0 if its installed on Windows-7..actually we have to install Microsoft Windows Live Mail and then configure it as the default mail client in preferences(through a registry entry) of Adobe Photoshop Elements Organizer...
1. Close Adobe Photoshop Elements.
2. Download and install Windows Live Mail... For download and installation instructions, see the Windows Live website at http://download.live.com/
3. Open SetDefaultEmailClient.reg in your browser and save it on desktop with the same filename.
4. On desktop, double-click SetDefaultEmailClient.reg. If prompted, click Continue. Click Yes on registry confirmation dialog !!!
5. Relaunch Adobe Photoshop Elements and attempt to share something and there should not be any problem now !!
When we share our photographs with the Adobe E-mail Service, Elements Organizer uses the e-mail client which is by default installed with Windows. These e-mail clients include: Outlook Express on Windows XP, or Windows Mail on Windows Vista, among others.
Because Windows 7 does not include an e-mail client by default, the Organizer is unable to send e-mail.