Different Types of sorting in Adobe Photoshop Elements Organizer:
Here are few parameters used for sorting your files in Photoshop Elements Organizer:
1. Oldest First
2. Newest First
4. Custom Order
Now you might have doubt that I have not seen options for sorting in Custom Order or File-name. But Yes, you can sort your files according to File-Names as well as in custom order you want.
How can we sort files according to File-Names?
1. Launch Organizer
2. Go to Folder View from Display options in top bar of Organizer. (PSE8)
3. Select a particular folder where your files are are.
4. You will see all files sorted according to file-names. (This is applicable for one folder only)
How can we sort files in Custom Order?
For sorting some files in custom order , we need to create an Album. As we click on that album to see its content, sorting dropdown will be Album-Order selected by default. In this state, you drag and drop album files anywhere. Try and comment back in case it doesn't work for you...
How files are sorted which are shot on single day and sorting order selected in 'Newest First' ???
There is a preference in Organizer where we can specify sorting of such files in Imagewell:
1. Go to Edit>Preferences>General
2. Opt appropriate option for Display Options > Date(Newest First)
- Show oldest First in each day
- Show Newest First in each day
Write back in case you know any other good way of sorting files within Organizer...